Cold Lake Breastfeeding Consultations Now Available At Ageless Living
Ageless Living is proud to offer Cold Lake Breastfeeding Consultations from a Nurse & Certified Breastfeeding Specialist, who can provide guidance for new and expectant mothers on how to best use and optimize their body’s new superpower: being able to produce the best source of nutrition your baby can possibly get.
Breast milk not only provides a perfectly balanced mix of fats, protein and vitamins- it provides antibodies that boost your child’s immune system and creates a strong bond between mother and child.
There are more benefits of breastfeeding than we can possibly list here, and new ones are being discovered all the time, but here are just a few:
- Lower risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Breastfeeding halves the chance of sudden infant death syndrome (source).
- Better healing postdelivery: the oxytocin released during breastfeeding speeds up your natural healing process, particularly in the uterus, which typically heals in six weeks postpartum with breastfeeding versus ten weeks without (source).
- It burns calories: Your body needs energy to produce breast milk- about twenty calories per ounce. If you feed your baby twenty ounces a day you can burn 400 calories. (source)
- It costs nothing: Formula will cost upwards of a thousand dollars a year, with few to none of the health benefits of breastfeeding, which at most could costs around $250 for a good quality electric breast pump- if you plan to pump rather than feed directly.
- It adapts to your baby’s needs: the milk you produce immediately after your baby is born is full of antibodies, the ‘full’ milk that comes in several days after is higher in sugar and is designed to be digested quickly- meaning that your baby will eat often and grow quicker (source).
- It’s empowering: early childhood can be a scary, depressing time, and knowing that every gram of weight your baby puts on, every inch they grow, comes from you is a major boost to your self-confidence.
While some mothers may find breastfeeding easy, many can encounter problems. Our certified Breastfeeding Specialist works one-on-one with mothers and infants to develop breastfeeding plans that help satisfy your child’s nutritional needs, starting during pregnancy and carrying on until you are confident that you can have a fulfilling breastfeeding experience and deal with any issues that can come up as your baby ages and their tastes change.
Through Cold Lake Breastfeeding Consultations, we aim to empower you to feel comfortable about your body and confident that you can meet your baby’s needs.
Contact Us Today to book your Cold Lake breastfeeding consultation.